a href="https://twitter.com/Bollywood_Times" class="twitter-follow-/> Bollywood Times: Latest encounter with Ajay Devgn!

Friday 23 December 2011

Latest encounter with Ajay Devgn!


You do middle-of-the-road films like Raajneeti and Aakrosh and masala films like Golmaal 3, Singham and Rascals. Is that the way to stay on top?

I want to switch genres. An actor’s job is to be a complete actor and be able to do every genre. I like doing that and I think it helps me because when you have about two-three releases in a year that are different from one another it helps break the monotony with the audience. The viewers don’t get fed up of watching the same of you. If there’s Singham that’s serious then there’s Rascals that is funny.


But you’ve stayed away from a romantic film for a while now...
I haven’t heard a good script in the longest time.


Bajirao in Singham, Gopal in Golmaal, Sultan in Once Upon A Time In Mumbaii, Omi in Omkara and Neel in Main Aisa Hi Hoon. You’ve played a variety of roles. Which one has been the closest to your real self?
None. When you play a character, you think about being that character. You stop being the person you are in real life and then you become the character. Obviously, there must be bits and pieces of me in every character I play but the person they are is not me. That’s how an actor operates.


So who is the real Ajay Devgn?
I am a laidback person who is very comfortable in his own space. I like to chill out and take things easy.


What makes Ajay Devgn say aata majhi satakli (now I’ve lost my head) in real life?
When people play games and talk rubbish and lie, I can’t handle it. This was a phase in my life for the first 12 to 15 years when aata maajhi satakli was common. But now I cut off. I think it’s really not important to react all the time. Instead, I let my acting do all the talking.


You’re an avid car and bike enthusiast. Do you squirm when Rohit Shetty blows up a dozen cars in a single shot?
I used to be a big car fan but now I’m more practical. With the kind of roads we have in the city, it’s ridiculous to have great cars. So all I look for in a car now is a very comfortable back seat. And some people who are passionate about cars love to blow them up as well. So that’s really not a problem.

How have you changed after marriage?
Marriage has made me more responsible. I understand people better. I react to people in a better way. I guess you grow up after marriage.


What has Kajol added to your life?
She’s added stability to my life. She’s made me more grounded and has helped me understand the world around me.


What was your last anniversary gift to Kajol?
Don’t even get into that. I’m very bad with gifts.


Do you remember your anniversary dates?
Yes. Thankfully, I do.

 
What are the chances of Kajol and you doing a romantic film together?

Right now the chances are very slim. Kajol is busy with Yug (their son), he is her top priority. Also, making a film is harder than what most people believe. You have to like the script, the project should excite you so much that you’d want to invest time, effort and money into it. We both want to do our best when we appear together and that takes lots of planning.


Filmmakers are lining up to sign you. That would mean cutting down on quality time spent with the family.
You can plan ahead and make sure that you don’t compromise with family time. When you have outdoor schedules, you can sometimes call your family and spend the free time with them sightseeing. But I try to manage myself better. I don’t shoot on Sundays and I prefer to wind up my shoots by six in the evening to make time for home and family.


With pop culture going gung ho about DK Bose and Murder 2, do you feel concerned about the impression entertainment can have on your kids?
Swear words in films are not new. We’ve had gaalis in so many films in the past. There’s nothing wrong in that as long as it comes with an ‘A’ certificate. Forget the film industry, look at what you get to see on the news or entertainment TV channels. You try your best to keep your children away but eventually you cannot. Right now, Nysa is too young, but I’m sure as she grows up, it’ll be hard to keep her away. You just learn to adjust to that fact. Before they misunderstand the facts it’s your responsibility as parents to talk to them and make understand.


Stars are known to be protective fathers and don’t enjoy having photos of their kids splashed in the press…
You don’t want photos of your kids printed all over the press. They’re growing up and you don’t want them to develop this unreal image of themselves. I don’t want my kids to believe that they’re getting famous. You have to be careful and not take them to places where there may be a lot of media attention. Quiet dinners and outings work fine.


Why is there close to no gossip about you on Indian movie portals and magazines.That’s great. Either I have no gossip or I’m too smart to let out any such information.


Rate yourself on a scale of one to 10 when it comes to political correctness.
Five.


Are you passionate about tattoos?
I just have one right now. I’d like to have one more but I wouldn’t call it a passion. They always say that when you get one (tattoo), you always want another. So it’s the same with me.


How does action star Ajay Devgn get in touch with his feminine side?

I don’t know. I wouldn’t have the faintest idea about how to get in touch with my feminine side.


What happens if a man hits on you?

I try to keep my distance and I try to convey to the person I’m not comfortable with it. But that rarely happens. Most times people are just scared of the way I’d react.

No comments:

Post a Comment